Loading... Please wait...

Denis Zakaria is Borussia’s Player of the Month for March

Posted

Denis Zakaria is Borussia’s Player of the Month for March. The Swiss player pipped Lars Stindl to the award, winning for the second time this season.

The 21-year-old overcame tough competition from captain Lars Stindl but in the end Denis was the clear winner, picking up 67% of the vote, with Stindl coming in second with the remaining 33%.

Zakaria was the standout performer in the 2-2 draw against Werder Bremen as he fired Borussia into the lead after just five minutes, winning the ball back high up the pitch and firing it into the back of the net with a finish of the highest quality. He also brought about the second goal; a Werder own goal, as his lethal cross came in and was fired into the Werder net by one of their own defenders.

The following game against Bayer Leverkusen saw Borussia lose 2-0. Zakaria however was one of the few silver linings, as he recovered the ball well and offered an outlet going forward.

Zakaria has now won the award for the second time this season. The first time came way back in August after he impressed in the Bundesliga opener which Borussia won against Köln and scored in the 2-2 draw away to Augsburg.

Players of the Month so far this season:

  • August: Denis Zakaria
  • September: Michaël Cuisance
  • October: Thorgan Hazard
  • November: Thorgan Hazard
  • December: Michaël Cuisance
  • January: Michaël Cuisance
  • February: Christoph Kramer
  • March: Denis Zakaria



Recent Updates

Newsletter



Follow the Foals